How do I get to the park?
You can find detailed instructions to get to the park under the ‘Visiting Us’ tab.

Where can I park?
There are two car parks one next to the YMCA Community Gym Russet Drive AL4 0DB this is open 24/7 and one next to the Highfield Park Visitor Centre. This is open weekdays from 08.00 – 18.00, but not at weekends.

Are there any play areas in the park?
The Trust manages toddlers play areas in Manston Way, Maslen Drive, Puddingstone Drive, Russet Drive and Stanmore Chase. There is play equipment for older children next to Trestle Arts Base in Russet Drive. Our new woodland climbing play equipment is located next to the Village Green just next to the YMCA.

Can I walk my dog in the park?
Yes you are very welcome to walk your dog in the park. Pease be sure to pick up any dog mess, please use the designated dog waste bins situated around the park.

Can I ride my horse in the park?
There is a permissive bridleway linking Hixberry Lane to Highfield Lane and a bridleway through Winchfield Wood. The rest of the park is not really suitable for horses.

How can I become involved with the work of the Trust?
The Trust has a volunteering opportunities helping to maintain the park or helping at our events. More information is available under the ‘Help Us’ tab.

How can I help the park financially?
There are a number of ways you can help the Trust, a simple donation cash or cheque ate the Trust Office or via BACS (Account: Highfield Park Trust, Sort code: 30 97 25, Account no: 00939188).Take part in our sponsor a tree scheme or remember us in your Will, more details are available under the ‘Help Us’ tab.

Can I hold a function in the park?
Yes, although there are certain restrictions. If the gathering is small and informal there is no need to let us know in advance, if it is a large gathering (more than 20) please contact the park office. Please refer to guidance in the Picnics Policy which can be found under the ‘About Us’ tab. For details about hiring the park, more information can be found at ‘Venue for Hire’ under the ‘About Us’ tab.

How do I find out about the Garden of Rest?
There is information in the Hill End Garden of Rest section under the ‘Park Features’ tab. Specific information relating to burials can be found by contacting Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies.

Where can I buy Highfield Park Apple Juice?
Apple juice can be purchased from the park office.

Am I allowed to pick the fruit in the orchards?
You are welcome to pick up any windfalls, but the Trust ask that people refrain from picking apples until we have harvested apples for juicing and selling at Apple Day. You can pick from the trees from mid October.

Am I allowed a BBQ in the park?
The Trust does not allow barbeques in the park, unless specifically approved by the Trust, due to the risk of fire, damage to the park and the potential threat to wildlife.

Who do I complain to?
All the information can be found in the Complaints Policy in the policies section under the ‘About Us’ tab.

What do I do if I see a motorbike or antisocial behaviour in the park?
Please contact the police on 101 or 01707 354000.

Can I fly my drone in the park?
Please refer to the Use of Unmanned Aerial Systems Policy which can be found in the Policies section under the ‘About Us’ tab.