Friends of Highfield Park
Many Parks and open spaces have Friends of groups. Each Friends of group is different, but essentially they are a group of local people who are interested in the future of their local Park. The following are the type of work that these groups usually undertake
- Practical work in the Park
- Work with Park's management to acquire funding for projects or improvement works in the Park.
- Help organise community events in the Park
- Help the Park's management to decide how the Park can be improved
- Act as wardens helping to reduce antisocial behaviour and alerting the Parks management to potential issues
- Help promote the Park to the wider community
Please contact the Trust if you are interested in being part of a Friends of Highfield Park. The Trust will inform you of all forthcoming events and opportunities to get involved in the Park. Once the Trust has established links with a number of people interested in being part of a Friends of Highfield Park we will hold a special meeting to discuss what the Fiends of Highfield Park role will be and how the group will operate.