Cell Barnes Orchard

The Cell Barnes Orchard is located in the far west corner of the Park. This orchard was once part of the Cell Barnes Hospital, however it is thought to date back until 1875, where it is shown on an ordinance survey map as part of the Great Cell Barnes Farm. There is a hedge of small apple trees, the correct term is an arcure, a way of training trees to grow in a specific shape. This is one of only a few examples in the Country.